Toy stores must target two distinct audiences: children, who are the end users, and parents, who are the shoppers. Having just one marketing strategy won’t prove to be very effective for your toy store, as you will only reach a portion of your market. It is best to use a mix of mediums and messages to attract children and their parents. At least one of these tips could be a great choice for your toy store.
- Wishlist– Each child has a list of toys they want for Christmas or their birthday. Encourage your customers to take their baby to create a formal wish list, both paper and electronic (like a wedding list). This is a fun process for the child, and it attracts customers to your store at least twice (once to sign up and once to buy). They can distribute the list among family and friends, which could bring you even more customers.
- Birthday specials– Likewise, every child likes to feel special on his or her birthday. Print vinyl decals to display at your checkout to let parents know that you will email them a special coupon on their child’s birthday. The child can go in and take his goods that he will receive for free, or at least discounted. This makes the child happy and the parents even happier, because they are saving money.
- Used toy units– Show that you care for the community by hosting used toy units in your shop or even around town. By donating gently used toys, potential customers will therefore need a replacement, and since they are already in your store, they are likely to buy! If they need a little extra encouragement, offer them a discount coupon for the donation.
- Parenting seminars– Here’s another great way to attract parents. Host lectures and seminars in your store that parents will want to attend. Make sure you feature these lessons in your store with large, easy-to-read banners so parents know when and where the lessons are. Use the knowledge of your employees or even work with your suppliers to inform parents of the latest baby safety products, current recalls or even fun party planning ideas. Of course you will need to provide childcare during these events, but this is a plus for you. Which parent takes the child to a toy store and doesn’t buy it something?
- New toy release events– There is an “it” toy every season. From Furby to Tickle-Me-Elmo, toy makers work very hard to create a “must have” mentality in the minds of children and their parents! Use this to your advantage. When the new hot toy is about to be released, throw a party at your store. Customers will arrive hoping to be the first person in the area to get their hands on the new toy. The print window attaches to the display in your window showing pictures of the toy and when it will be released, so customers are well prepared for the launch.
Handcrafted by Artists
Sweet House Reborns® offers a variety of unique and exclusive collectible reborn baby dolls, including many lifelike Baby Dolls, Newborn Toddlers, Sleeping Reborns, Boy Baby Dolls, Girls Silicone Babies, each crafted with exquisite craftsmanship and unmatched quality.
With a dazzling collection of reborn baby dolls, kids silicon dolls, smiling dolls, you’re sure to find a doll that will capture your heart. Get ready to experience beautiful creations, exquisite details and expertly tailored clothing when you shop our unique gallery of collectible reborn dolls. Plus, for the little doll lovers in your life, we also have dolls for children sure to inspire hours of fun. With so many dolls to choose from, it will surely warm your heart. Which one will have a forever home with you?
Make With Love
Sweet House Reborns® is a mom-owned and operated, eco-inspired and environmentally responsible reborn baby doll online store. Our mission is to keep our children safe and happy while supporting our sustainable fingerprint on the planet.
The overall philosophy of Sweet House Reborns® is that children and adults can live a life full of love with real life size silicone newborn dolls.
Children are gifts to the world, their hearts are filled with innocence and joy, and all adults were once children. Sweet House Reborns® always stands for pure love.