Wording for a gift certificate (also known as a gift certificate) is difficult to get right. There are some mandatory items and some optional items that you want to include in a gift certificate. In addition to these standard elements, you may want to consider some legal notices to include to impose certain restrictions on the use of your gift card.
When submitting a gift card template, don’t forget to include the following items:
- your company name
- Name of the recipient
- value of the voucher (in dollars or local currency) or service provided. This is the most sensitive element of the certificate. In particular, you don’t want the customer to easily change the amount! So it’s better to have it printed rather than written manually.
- serial number of the certificate. A serial number is important for a variety of reasons, particularly to combat fraud and to keep track of the gift cards you have issued. By assigning each gift card a unique number, you can easily verify that it hasn’t been changed when the customer wants to redeem it. For example, you can have a tracking log that associates the serial number with its value, issue date, and customer name.
Some optional items
- buyer’s name – probably a mandatory element for most vouchers!
- Personal Message: This is a very nice way to personalize a certificate, giving the buyer the ability to add a personalized message for the recipient.
- restriction for a certain type of service / product: if you want to offer a certificate for a certain service, indicate “valid only for service X” or “to be used for purchasing X”.
- Without cash value. This will protect you from customers willing to redeem the certificate for cash (people will try to do that!). Indicate “no cash” or “not redeemable for cash” on the certificate.
- non-transferable: if you want the certificate to be redeemed only by the person whose name is on the certificate, indicate “non-transferable” on the certificate.
- certificate expiration: may not be legal in your state / country. Check your legal regulations or a lawyer for it. If it’s legal, you may want to include a certificate expiration date, to avoid having certificates short for years. A year from now is a good default. Mention “expiration date: 2012-03-17”.
Now you know what are the important elements to find for good gift certificate wording, so work your way through a gift certificate template and mix and match the different elements until you’re happy with the result!
Handcrafted by Artists
Sweet House Reborns® offers a variety of unique and exclusive collectible reborn baby dolls, including many lifelike Baby Dolls, Newborn Toddlers, Sleeping Reborns, Boy Baby Dolls, Girls Silicone Babies, each crafted with exquisite craftsmanship and unmatched quality.
With a dazzling collection of reborn baby dolls, kids silicon dolls, smiling dolls, you’re sure to find a doll that will capture your heart. Get ready to experience beautiful creations, exquisite details and expertly tailored clothing when you shop our unique gallery of collectible reborn dolls. Plus, for the little doll lovers in your life, we also have dolls for children sure to inspire hours of fun. With so many dolls to choose from, it will surely warm your heart. Which one will have a forever home with you?
Make With Love
Sweet House Reborns® is a mom-owned and operated, eco-inspired and environmentally responsible reborn baby doll online store. Our mission is to keep our children safe and happy while supporting our sustainable fingerprint on the planet.
The overall philosophy of Sweet House Reborns® is that children and adults can live a life full of love with real life size silicone newborn dolls.
Children are gifts to the world, their hearts are filled with innocence and joy, and all adults were once children. Sweet House Reborns® always stands for pure love.